Solti - Chicago: The Vinyl Edition - Limited Numbered 6LP Set
Georg Solti, Chicago Symphony Orchestra
Delivery from US$83.11
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 17 November 2017
- In Stock
- Product code
- Vinyl Box Set
Decca celebrates one of the world’s most prolific conductor-orchestra partnerships with a limited edition deluxe 6-LP box set marking both the 20th Anniversary of the passing of Sir Georg Solti and the 125th Anniversary of the founding of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Includes no less than four Grammy Award winning albums.
- Numbered limited edition 6 LP set presented in a deluxe two-piece slipcase with silver foiled design with each album presented in its original artwork
- 38-page perfect-bound LP-sized book includes four noteworthy aspects in addition to full tracklists and recording information:
- photographs from the recording sessions;
- a foreword by Lady Solti,
- a detailed Retrospective by CSO Archivist Frank Villella
- an excerpt from “Chicago” taken from Solti’s Memoirs “Solti on Solti”
Sir Georg Solti was one of the twentieth century’s most brilliant conductors and a leading figure of musical culture in Europe and the US. He studied piano, composition and conducting with Bartók, Dohnányi, Kodály and Weiner, made his concert debut as a pianist, and in 1937, Toscanini selected him as his assistant at the Salzburg Festival. He made his first recordings for Decca in 1947 and continued as an exclusive Decca artist for over half a century leaving a vast legacy of over 250 great recordings – including 45 complete operas.
Solti’s remarkable partnership with the CSO began in 1954, when Solti first led the Orchestra at the Ravinia Festival. He returned to Chicago for guest engagements with the Lyric Opera in 1956, made his Chicago Orchestra Hall debut on December 9, 1965, and his first concerts as Music Director were in September 1969. Solti served as Music Director for 22 years (1969-1991) and Music Director Laureate for a further 7 years until his passing (1991-1997) and is credited with greatly extending and building the Orchestra's reputation worldwide – starting in 1971 with its first foreign tour.
More products from Georg Solti
- Georg Solti
- Solti London: The Orchestral Recordings
- Box Set