Decca - The Supreme Record Company: A Classical Legacy
Delivery from US $67.10
* Delivery cost to United States of America (based on your detected location) for a single item. Adding multiple items to your order can reduce the cost per item. Choosing a different delivery option can change the cost per item. Final delivery cost will be shown in order review page.
- Release Date 08 May 2020
- Buy Now: More stock coming soon
- Product code
- CD Box Set
- Decca Records
“Without a doubt Decca is the best in the world, and long may it continue to be so! Bravo!”
A glance at Decca’s extensive roster of artists since the company’s formation in February 1929 throws up household names in every decade – Ansermet, Ashkenazy, Bartoli, Brendel, Britten, Chailly, Ferrier, Flagstad, Fleming, Jansen, Karajan, Nilsson, Pavarotti, Solti, Sutherland, Tebaldi, Uchida... the list goes on and on. In fact, if you name a major classical artist of the last 90 years, there is a good chance they will have recorded for Decca and the labels that make up Decca as we know it today.
2019 affords us to celebrate a classical legacy that continues to thrive.
What’s in the box?
- A specially curated selection of 55 albums, presenting the very best the legendary Decca classical catalogue has to offer from its first 90 years
- Landmark recordings from Decca, Argo, L’Oiseau-lyre, Phase 4 Stereo labels including the Entartete Musik and Headline series
- Plus a special 2-CD collection of recordings from the 78rpm era
- Each album presented with its original artwork
- Some of the greatest orchestral, concerto, chamber, sacred, vocal and opera recordings of all time
- Multiple Award-winning recordings that have won international acclaim from critics and the public alike
- 90 years of sound perfection and great artistry; from the earliest days of the 78 era and launch of FFRR recordings to the present day
- 132-page booklet (English/German) retells the fascinating story of these legendary recordings. New liner notes by Andrew Stewart
- This set is the classical compendium to the new authoritative book on Decca: The Supreme Record Company
Highlights include:Grammy Award-winning recordings of Beethoven (Jessye Norman, Sir Georg Solti, Takacs Quartet), Ravel (Seiji Ozawa) & Mozart (Mitsuko Uchida) Gramophone Records of the Year in Brahms Symphonies (Riccardo Chailly), Shostakovich (Bernard Haitink) and Holst (Charles Dutoit) Some of the most beloved concerto recordings on disc (Kyung Wha Chung, Clifford Curzon, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Friedrich Gulda, Alfred Brendel, Mitsuko Uchida, Jean-Yves Thibaudet) The greatest choral works in essential recordings – Handel’s Messiah (Christopher Hogwood), Mozart’s Requiem (Sir Neville Marriner) Stellar period-performance and contemporary recordings from the L’Oiseau-lyre and Argo labels Plus the finest highlights from the greatest opera catalogue of all time